Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Rational Animal brings two rescue groups together to help one emerald-eyed feline

***PLEASE NOTE***
ANDY IS STILL UP FOR ADOPTION AT OLLIE'S PLACE!
Visit Ollie's Place in Murray Hill
203 East 26th Street, just off Third Ave.
www.olliesplace.org
(917) 673-1030


Andy has been at Ollie's Place cat rescue and adoption since he was a kitten -- he is 4 years old now!


I had submitted a picture and bio each for two different cats -- one from the shelter where I volunteer, KittyKind, and one from Anjellicle Cats Rescue -- to Lance for the RA June 08 newsletter. Tracey at Anjellicle yesterday told me that her cat, Rex, had been adopted!


My thoughts immediately turned to Ollie's Place. I emailed Laura, whom I'd met at our last Mother's Comfort Sewing event, asking her to send me a photo and details of any particular cat that really need some extra publicity.


She sent me info on Andy, a 4-yr old gorgeous emerald-eye tabby. I could not believe that he had been at a rescue/adoption shelter for 4 years! Luckily at Ollie's they have a cat room where the little felines can walk and mess around in...but...it is a cat room not a home, of course.


Tracey and I spoke on IM, as she was drawn to this situation. She immediately inquired about opening up a space for Andy at their adoption van event this Saturday in Columbus Circle.


And both parties made a deal, and Andy will get in front of a lot more people this Saturday.


I can't wait to visit him!





(this is my first post and this story is just the skeletal version, I will edit it to make it more entertaining very soon)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HAS ANDY FOUND AHOME YET?